How to remove a brand from Supplier Sync
Why should we remove brands from Supplier Sync?
Removing brands from Supplier Sync might be desirable for the following reasons:
- You can select the brands that best represent your store.
- You can refine which supplier based on the items' wholesale cost or shipping costs from the warehouse to your shop.
- You might want to use only one supplier for an item because they might fulfill the item direct to the consumer on your behalf.
Add a bookmarklet to Chrome
- Open a Chrome browser window.
- Right click on the Bookmark Bar and choose "Add Page..."
- Name the Bookmarklet something you'll remember.
- Copy the following code and Paste it into the URL field:
- Click "Save".
Find the Brand's supplier/distributor
- Open your website in the Chrome Browser.
- Search for the brand on the front of the site.
- Click one of the products from the search results.
- Click your Bookmarklet and a popup will show you the initials of all the suppliers for this brand.
- Write down the suppliers initials.
Remove Brands from Supplier Sync
- Go to Supplier / Brand Manager > Supplier Sync.
- Find the Supplier you want to remove the brand from and click the word Brand from the Exclusion Settings row.
- A popup will open. Check the checkbox next to the brand you want to exclude.
- Click "all categories" If you want select individual categories to exclude for a brand for that supplier.
- Check the categories you want to exclude.
- Click the "back" button on right side of popup.
- Click "Save Changes".
- Scroll to bottom of page and click "Save Changes".
- Hit "Reset Cache" by going to Display Manager > Reset Cache and in around 30 minutes (but often much sooner) your catalog will reflect the changes in the front end of your website.